SDU Rec Alveomesh Sneaker Gravel Pekin
VEJ.21.7-WhRe-40Regular price €105,00
The SDU REC is an adaption of VEJA's classic SDU with a waffled sole for greater cushioning and a more dynamic look. Its upper is made from high-quality Alveomesh consisting of recycled PET-bottles, while faux suede panels on the toe and heel help to protect against scuffs. The soft lining is made from a recycled polyester jersey. The iconographic V on the side, which adorns all VEJA shoes, is made from natural rubber, as is the durable sole. With its comfortably, athletic design, the SDU is a great classic for every day.
- Upper in Alveomesh (100% recycled polyester)
- Panels in Coated canvas and vegan suede
- Side V logo made from Rubber and rice waste (22%)
- Midsole made from sugar cane (52%)
- Outsole made fromAmazonian rubber (12%) and rice waste (30%)
- Insole made from Sugar cane, Amazonian rubber, recycled EVA & organic cotton
- Lining : Tech (100% recycled polyester)
- Laces in organic cotton (100%)
Veja is a brand based in Paris founded in 2005. Since then VEJA have been making sneakers differently infusing each stage of production with a positive impact.
It costs 5 to 7 times more to make a Veja, because the raw materials are environmentally friendly and purchased according to fair trade principles. Also the sneakers are produces in factories with high social standards. But, since they've eliminated advertising, the sneakers are sold in stores for the same price as competing big brands.